Sunday

Lots of things

Well a busy few weeks for me has just past.

Today I did my race for life at Crystal Palace. I nearly died in that heat! Boy it was very hard work to keep going. My body is not very happy with me today for putting it through that pain in the heat, but at the same time I know its happy. I cried when I started the race as I could not believe I was there actually doing it & then when I ran across the finishing line I cried again. My family thought I had hurt myself which was whyI was crying, but when I explained I was just so proud of myself for doing it they realised I was just emotional. I still cannot believe I did it, but I keep looking at the medal I got & know I did it. I keep thinking that in January 2008 I could barely walk to the end of my road, now I have just completed a 5km ourse & ran about 3-4 km of that! So proud.

The office work is very stressful & I'm now not sure if I could hack doing it full time. I am now only doing 2 days a week in the office & the other 3 days I'll be back in my room with the kids which I am looking forward to. I think this will be better for me.

Weight loss is still going well. I am now at 14 stone 0.4lbs. I have not entered my food into the food diary of my weight loss website for 2 weeks & I'm still loosing weight. This week the eating fruit n veg kinda went out the window, but I still did exercise & water & lost 2.4lbs.

I have been asked by a few to put my menus on here so will do that once a month or so. This month I have planned to eat as follows...

Mondays...
Chicken pasta
Tuna pasta
Tomato pasta with Meatballs
Cheesy pasta & Leaks

Tuesdays...
Chilli con carne
Shepards pie with beans
Spaghetti bolognaise
Lasagne

Wednesdays...
Toad in the hole with beans
Pizza
BBQ pork & peppers
Filled pitta breads

Thursdays...
Chickpea korma curry
Omelette, Jacket potatoe with cheese & beans
Soup & bread

Fridays...
Fish pie & mash
Fish, chips & beans
Burger & chips
Hotdogs with salad

Saturdays...
Tortillas
Sweet n sour chicken with rice
Chicken, Carrot & Potatoe Tikka Masala with Rice
Chicken korma with carrots, potatoes, rice

Sunday...
Roast pork
Roast chicken
Pork, carrots, kidney beans, Onion casserole
Chicken stew

I eat salad with most of my meals too which is filling, so I need less of the above foods alongside salad to fill me up!

If you want more information on the above meals, the ingredients lists or nutritional info I will be putting it all on my website at the following address: http://uk.geocities.com/whatever03uk/food.html

I am still finding it hard to gauge how much I should be cooking for my other half. I try to cook him double what I am eating, but he still moans he is hungry. I think he must have hollow legs. Anyways I will learn eventually so all is good!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

WOOHOO congrats on your Race For Life! It's an amazing thing to accomplish, well done well doneeeeeeeeeeee! :)