Monday

1st day in the office

Well my first day as a deputy/manager went better than I thought it would so I am well chuffed! I started the day by checking that all the staff were ok & general chit chat about the weekend. Then I went into my office & set up my mouse & mouse mat as I hate the one the nursery has with a vengence! After this I thought I'd try n log into the system & play around with it, but I couldn't log in. So had to wait for the technition to come from head office to sort it out. Well he never turned up til the afternoon, so while I was waiting I decided to tidy up the drawers & do bits n bobs within the office. This was good & I got a feel for what needed to be done, etc.

Tomorrow I will be able to get into the system so can play around on that for a while. I have some paperwork that needs to be done also so my day is pretty busy by the looks of things. I could actually just sit around & do nothing but wait for the phone to ring, but I don't think that is fair on the other staff who are working so hard, so I will just find myself things to do.

I did miss the children a little bit today & I know they have found it hard to see me in the office & they are probably wondering why I am not in the room playing with them. I have explained to them that I am going to be in the office for a while, but I'm not sure if they understand or not. Anyways I went in to play with them for a little while this evening as I had done all I could do in the office for the day & I enjoyed that & I think the children did too.

The staff seemed to be more respectful towards me today. Not sure if its coz I had things to talk to them about or if its coz I'm now mangerment they felt they had to, but its cool all the same.

Well I'm actually more tired today from working in the office than I usually get when I look after kids. Perhaps its because I have been talking on the phone lots & I've been working on my own? I don't know. But I'll see what tomorrow brings about & see if theres a pattern. Hopefully I can still work my 10-6 shift as I quite like my lay ins. We'll just have to see.

A little exercise for me today. Walked up hill to work, Walked down hill then along high street before getting on bus, then got of bus a stop early then walked home. I'd say I did a mile in total there. I also walked around the nursery a lot today, but not really counting that as exercise. I stayed within cals today which I'm pleased about. Hopefully I'm on for a loss this week.

People at work have noticed I've lost weight. 4 people told me I look really slim. Big up the slim me smile :) lol That was a positive start to the day, but I can't see it anymore, as I saw it a few weeks ago & don't seem to have changed much since. It could also be that I gained this week so I feel & think I've put on more than I actually have.

No comments: