Thursday

92 hours without a cigarette

Who'd of thought I'd be able to last this long?

I'm not sure if I'm pleased with myself or not. I'm indifferent. I guess its going to take a lil while longer to be happy with my progress & I think I'll be happier when the cravings stop.

"Give it time". Cian tells me "Things will get better".

I know he means well & I'll thank him in the long run, but its not what I want to hear right now.

I am still having cravings when I wake up, but I have replaced this craving with breakfast. I can go most of the day now without thinking about cigarettes & I know once I go back to work it will be much easier to cope with as I'll be so busy I wont even notice & I haven't smoked at work for 6 months now anyways, so it will just be a usual day.

I went up to London yesterday for a walk. I walked from London Victoria to Buckingham Palace, then up The Mall to Trafalgar Square, then down to the River Thames, across The Golden Jubilie Bridge, past the London Eye, across Westminister Bridge & up Victoria Street back to Victoria station then home again. It was a random thing to do,but I felt in a random mood. I was fed up of doing the same walks around my way & wanted something different. I couldn't run yesteday as my hip was a lil sore & didn't want to over do it, so decided walking was the next best thing. I felt like a tourist walking around London, but it was cool all the same. I had my map book to guide me & I took a few photos for memoirs. I met up with Cian at Victoria & we went to Pizza Express & had a lovely dinner. Bad for the diet but if u can't be bad sometimes its not worth living. I'll soon find out if it was a bad idea when I get on the scales at the weekend. lol

I went to a friends house last nite & they smoked in front of me & I was surprisingly ok with it. I had a couple of cravings, but managed to override it. Woo Hoo. I can do this. Yes!

Going out for a run today which am looking forward to. Going to try n see if I can run further today as my lungs are pretty clear now from not smoking for 92 hours. I still cannot believe I have lasted this long. But its all good! Will update later on running progress but for now I'll say bon voyage! :)

No comments: