Monday

I have given up smoking

Woo Hoo! I finally came to my senses & decided that it is now time for me to give up smoking. Its been 13 hours now & although I have had these huge mothafucker cravings I have managed to over ride them & now I'm laughing. I didn't have a particularly good nites sleep as I was craving & dreaming of cigarettes, but I am not going to give in. I have will power. I also need to remember that my lungs want oxygen in them, so I can run which I really enjoy. So I have printed out some signs to remind me why I am not smoking & it seems to be working.

I am craving cigarettes all the time now, but its easier to live with than yesterday. Just eaten Breakfast & boi do I want a cigarette. So the after food cravings aren't under control yet, but they will be soon. :D

I'll keep u updated on my progress.

I went out for a run yesterday & boi did it feel good. I love running now as I can really see the progress I am making with each day & week that goes by. 12 weeks ago I could barely walk to the end of my road let alone run/walk nearly 4 miles which I can do now. I cannot run more than 1/4 mile before I have to stop & walk for 1/4 mile then once I get my breath back I run 1/4 mile again. This is my training programme so far & with each week that goes past I am improving on this. I am aiming to be able to run/walk 26 miles eventually & when I get to this target I will know I am ready for the London Marathon! It has been a dream of mine to do it for years & now I have finally figured out how to go about training & loosing weight for it. Not sure when I will be at this stage, but I'm kinding hoping it will be next year, so I can enter the 2010 race. With a target time of 6 hours. Lets just see what happens.

Thinking of adding more variety into my exercise plan, as running is going to get boring soon. I cannot afford to join a gym nor do I particaulary want to at this stage in time, but I do like swimming. I need to buy a new swimming costume as my old one is now too big & I will be frightened that my boobs will fall out if I wear it. So on pay day I will be making a trip to the shops to look for & buy a new swimming costume, so I can then go swimming once a week. There are woman only sessions which will be the best I think or maybe the adult only sessions would be ok. I don't know. Need to check out the local pool for times & then go to a few sessions to find out which one suits me best. Looking forward to it already.

I so want a cigarette! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its gone now! Woo Hoo! lol

Is this how its going to be all day??!! OMG

By the end of the day I know I'll be ok. Time heals all wounds & all that! But for now the day seems really long, but I am going to try n take each hour as it comes. I might be back later to post on here if it gets too much!

Its now 4pm & I have survived most of the day. My only problem is I am hungry. I still have another 200 calories to play with today, but want to save them for after dinner incase I want ice cream or a cup of hot chocolate. I am going to watch a film to try n take my mind off smoking & food.

Its now 7:20pm & I am starving. I decided to use the calories & ate my ice cream. I watched the film & after I went for a walk for 45 mins. Now I'm home with a small amount of cravings, but I am just telling myself no & it seems to be working. I'm going to cook dinner soon so that should take my mind off cigarettes & food until its ready that is! Tonight I am having tuna pasta bake with Garlic bread & Lettuce - Yup I am still eating Lettuce with every evening meal! :)

No comments: