Sunday

Its now week 11 & I'm still here!

Well I've now lost 1 & 1/2 stone since I started on this weight loss journey.

Its week 11 & I'm still going strong. I finished the 7 week challenge I was doing. Boy was it a struggle, but I'm proud I did it. I earned myself a few stars for doing it too which I spent on getting a set of 1kg hand weights & a book called "The Amazing Adventures of DietGirl". The weights I am going to use when dancing in my living room & I read the book in 4 days. I loved the book & it has inspired me to keep going with the weight loss. It was about this woman who was 25 stone & how she battled the bulge to become literally half the woman she used to be & ended at around 12.5 stone. I laughed & cried throughout reading this book & I thought well if she can do it so can I. I have since found her online blog page which is what inspired me to write my own one & here it is!

I went out last week & treated myself to some new trainers. I brought one pair for everyday use & one pair for running. I also brought some running trousers which actually look good on me. I now feel like an athelete. lol

Its not been easy & I have strayed from the path a few times, but I seem to be able to get back on track as quick as I left it. I have still been learning along the way. I have got it in my routine to eat breakfast everyday. I do exercise 5 days a week. I have changed from white foods to wholemeal/wholewheat & I am trying new fruits & veg. I now like onions, kidney beans, chickpeas, tinned tomatos & leeks as well as carrots & peppers. I have swapped jars of pasta sauce to using tinned tomatoes & blend them into a smooth paste. I do a lovely chickpea curry which my other half adores after he told me he hated chickpeas. I brought some strawberries, papaya, mango & kiwi last week & made a smoothie in the blender. I didn't really like the taste so gulped it down in one go. Felt proud afterwards as I entered the fruit in my food diary & it came out as 3 portions. I had planned to do tortillas for dinner that night & already knew that the peppers & onions would be 2 portions & I had eaten an apple & banana already as well that day which too my total fruit n veg portions for the day to 8 & no doubt I would drink some fresh orange juice later on as well which would count as another portion! WoW I'm doing well.

Trying to drink 2 litres of water a day is a mission in itself! I am managing about 1-1.5 litres a day at the moment, but I just don't feel thirsty. I know I should drink more, but how can I cram it down my throat when my body doesn't want it? Well I took a litre bottle to work with me & I've been filling that up with water or squash & drinking it throughtout the course of the day. When I wake up I have a 250ml glass of water or Fresh Juice & then when I get home I try to drink at least 1 pint of water or squash. Now its getting hotter I will drink more coz I always do in the summer, but will this summer be different? Will I be as thirsty as usual as I'm eating more & I'm lighter than last year? Only time will tell as they say.

STOP PRESS - I AM SO ILL I CANNOT MOVE.
This is not funny anymore. I was just thinking the other day how I'd survived the winter (well since January anyway) without being ill & then what happens? It hits me tenfold. It started on Friday with body aches ending with a huge headache. I went to bed only to wake up during the nite freezing cold with a temperature of 38.9. I took some ibuprofen & slept til Saturday afternoon when I woke up so hot n sweaty. I got up. Big mistake. I could hardly move. My body ached by nose was so blocked I could hardly breathe. I made it to the sofa & took some more ibu. 10 minutes laterI felt really tired so fell asleep. After an hour I woke up feeling better. Was ok until Sunday when I felt crap again. The rest of the day was pretty much the same as the day before. Its now Monday evening & the body aches have gone. I have a sore throat & although some of my nose has cleared I can still feel the cold in there. I was trying to explain how I felt to Cian my other half & all I could say was it felt like I was possessed by the devil. It really felt like the devil had got inside of me & was living in my nose. I have never in my life felt this bad before. Not for so long anyways.

When I think about it though I have enjoyed being ill really as Cian has been so lovely & looked after me. Friday he brought me fish n chips, Saturday he brought me pizza, Sunday all I wanted was porridge as it was soft & I could swallow soft things. Luckily I was ill actually as these were the only meals I ate over the weekend so I stayed within my cals for each day. I can't believe I am ill & I'm still worrying about my weight loss. lol. I guess I am just really determined to loss weight afterall although I do question myself a lot about this.

Hopefully I'll be back to my normal fat cheery self soon & the exercise can commence again. I'm off work again tomorrow so hopefully another days rest will clear my nose enough for me to go back to work on Wednesday as I'm actually missing it! lol

No comments: