Tuesday

No cigarettes for over 48 hours.

Woo Hoo. I would just like to congratulate myself for making it over 48 hours without a cigarette. It has been a really hard struggle, but I have made it this far. I still want a cigarette & these cravings don't seem to be going away as quickly as I had hoped they would, but they r getting easier to cope with & it is getting easier to take my mind off having a cigarette. I have kinda ditched the diet for today as I am starving. I have done exercise so u could say I have earned them, but I have eaten 1600 calories already & I haven't eaten dinner yet! Oh Well. Guess I'll earn back most of the cals once I am back at work, but for now I am hungry so I'm just going to eat until I am no longer hungry & then worry about it afterwards. I know thats not such a good thing to do, but until I stop craving, my body will not stop wanting food. I am trying to eat fruit as snacks though, so I'm filling myself up on healthy food, but its not working when I have Cian's chocolate. crisps & biscuits sitting in the kitchen shouting "eat me", "eat me", "EAT ME"! I have tried going out for walks, which takes my mind off food & cigarettes, but my legs r now sore from the walk/run I did an hour ago that I think that is out of the question. So I am sitting here typing this in the hope it will help.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! I want a cigarette.

Deep breath in. Hold it. Now breathe out. And again.

Thats better. I have found that breathing through the cravings works well for me. So have been doing that today.

Nope its got bad again. Think I might end up giving up soon. Better phone Cian to speak to him. Maybe I'll do some housework. Do some puzzles, etc. Not sure. Going insane. Well maybe not quite yet, but soon. Typing is not really helping, coz I'm writting about cigarettes, so its keeping it in my head. Ok now I have established that, I will go & find something else to do. Next time I have cravings remind me not to come on here & write about them. lol

Bye for now.

Its now 11:30pm & I have survived the day. I have eaten like a pig. I have exercised a lil. I over rode the cravings & the worse ones r after I eat, which is why my brain told me to eat so much to try n get me to cave it, but I did not cave in to cigarettes. This has been the longest 2 days of my life so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier & I can last as well as I have done today. It actually feels like I have not had a cigarette for weeks not days. Which must be a good sign right?

I have a cold now. Coughing & sneezing all day long. Don't feel ill though. Just got bit of sore nose where I have wiped it so much & cannot taste anything either so eaten all the foods I hate today so could not taste them! Hope my taste buds come back soon & my nose gets better.

Good Nite Everyone! :)

No comments: